Thursday

Checkout the beautiful wedding pictures of Rubina Dilaik and Abhinav Shukla is here!

Finally! Lovebirds Rubina Dilaik and Abhinav Shukla’s D-Day is here. The couple will become man an wife shortly. Meanwhile, Abhinav has arrived with baraat to take away his bride.



The marriage is happening at the famous, Woodville palace in Shimla amid close friends and family members.


For her D-day Rubina wore white embroided lehanga. while, Abhinav looks dapper in turquoise blue sherwani.


Checkout some pictures and videos right here:









The couple’s wedding festivities have kickstarted with a bang. Yesterday night, mehendi ceremony followed by haldi ceremony, ring ceremony and sangeet.


Rubina’s close friends from industry Sharad Kelkar, Keerti Kelkar, Srishty Rode, Hussain & Tina Kuwajerwala have already reached the venue.


After getting married, the couple will host a a grand wedding reception in Mumbai for their friends from the industry. The reception will held on June 28, 2018 at Kishore Kumar’s Bungalow, Juhu Tara Road, Mumbai.


The wedding will be held as per Himachali and Punjabi traditions as Rubina is Himachali and Abhinav is Punjabi. The couple are dating since four years and are decided to take their relationship to the next level.

Love Is In The Air As Himansh Kohli Admits His Love for Neha Kakkar


Get Daily Updates In Email



Love Is In The Air As Himansh Kohli Admits His Love for Neha Kakkar

Neha Kakkar, the singing sensation of the industry has been in the front page sometimes for her professional work, and other times for her personal life.  Well, all the rumors around the world are saying she is dating Bollywood actor Himansh Kohli.


Well, recently, the actor confessed his love for Neha on the dance reality show ‘High Fever, Dance Ka Naya Tevar’ after the two judges Esha Gupta and Ahmed Khan teased them. Later, Neha also dedicated a song for him. Neha also took to Instagram to share a video with the caption read as: Catch Me and @kohlihimansh  on #HighFeverDanceKaNayaTevar #DostiSpecial This #Saturday & #Sunday at #9pm. Only on @andtvofficial with 3 Amazing Judges @khan_ahmedasas @egupta and @salmanyusuffkhan.


Check out this video:




Earlier, when Himansh was asked about Neha, he said, “She is a very, very dear friend to me. We have been working together for quite a long time now. Our first association was with the song Sunny Sunny, maybe some people started talking about us since then.”


However, some time ago the actor also said, “We are strictly best friends! It is very good to hear from people such good comments about us and about our chemistry. People are liking us together. Jodi is working.”



Their chemistry is liked by everyone after ‘Humsafar’ became a hit, so he thinks Neha and he should do a film together, “I was telling Neha that after getting such a good response – with the song not even out yet – why not act together in films. I was convincing her in that part. I also told Tony to convince her to do films. They should step into films, as this is the right time.”


Well, Neha too had confessed her relationship with him and she said, “Rumours around our bond are true. We became great friends right after Yaariyan. And now, we have become ‘Humsafars’ since we travel together for work.”


Stay connected to Laughing Colours for more such updates.


Published by Kajal Thakur on 21 Jun 2018

Lackluster Erdogan Campaign Faces Rejuvenated Opposition in Turkey


Ahead of the general and presidential elections set for June 24, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has acknowledged his ruling AKP could lose its parliamentary majority. The rare admission comes as missteps and a perceived lackluster performance have beset Erdogan’s campaign.


Last Sunday, Erdogan mobilized more than a million supporters for his main Istanbul rally. The mass turnout was a rare high point in the president’s campaign. Attendance at Erdogan meetings has been much lower than in previous campaigns.


According to reports, several Erdogan meetings were delayed because of the poor turnout, a claim denied by the AKP. Erdogan is reported to have at times reprimanded those who turned up for their lack of enthusiasm.


“The AKP performance has been strangely below what we have seen in past elections; that may be due to election fatigue,” said Sinan Ulgen, head of the Istanbul-based Edam research group. “It may also be due to the centralization of power (in the party), so everything is expected from the top. And the grass roost dynamism which we used to see is far less visible.”


Party reorganization


Just months before calling snap elections, Erdogan instigated a major overhaul of his party, purging hundreds of officials.


“The new (party) organization is mostly chosen for loyalty to Erdogan. Their synergy with the remaining remembers and grassroots is yet to be established,” analyst Atilla Yesilada of Global Source Partners said.


The party overhaul removed many popular officials, especially in central Turkey’s provincial towns and cities, known as Anatolia. The region provides Erdogan with many of his most loyal supporters, who supported the president last year in narrowly passing a referendum to extend his powers.


With opinion polls indicating the elections have become too close to call, another strong turn out in Anatolia will be vital to Erdogan’s success. But that may not be guaranteed. “People in Anatolia see that the AKP is not working too hard. In general, the AKP is demoralized, which is encouraging the (opposition) CHP,” Yesilada said.





A supporter of Muharrem Ince, pictured left, the presidential candidate of Turkey's main opposition Republican People's Party, waves a Turkish flag prior to one of his rallies, in Istanbul, Turkey, June 16, 2018.

A supporter of Muharrem Ince, pictured left, the presidential candidate of Turkey’s main opposition Republican People’s Party, waves a Turkish flag prior to one of his rallies, in Istanbul, Turkey, June 16, 2018.

In scenes reminiscent of the 1970s, the main opposition center-left CHP presidential challenger, Muharrem Ince, has drawn large crowds in rallies across central Turkey, in some cases surpassing Erdogan.


Low energy


Analysts say Erdogan’s performance has also been lackluster, in contrast to previous elections that he dominated; but, a series of uncharacteristic stumbles, including on more than one occasion appearing not to know where he was while addressing a crowd, and failure to ad lib when his teleprompter stopped working has been exploited by the opposition as signs of a failing leader.


Erdogan’s campaign has struggled to develop a coherent message. In one speech, the president declared people have prospered because the number who own refrigerators is now more than when he came to power. With a failing economy dominating the election, the opposition hit back, claiming many people can no longer afford to fill those refigerators.


Erdogan has found himself on the defensive against an invigorated opposition. Much of the president’s campaign has seen him reacting, rather than setting, the agenda.


“The opposition has been uncharacteristically successful and intelligent in how it orchestrates its campaign. And the opposition is more diverse, which makes it difficult for Erdogan,” analyst Ulgen said. Erdogan for the first time is campaigning against four strong candidates representing Turkey’s entire political spectrum.


Adding to Erdogan’s woes, he is fighting his first election without the guiding hand of Erol Olcok, who masterminded numerous successful electoral victories for Erdogan. But Olcok and his 16-year-old son, Abdullah Tayyip Olcok, died resisting a failed coup in 2016.


Observers point out AKP voters are remarkably loyal. With more than half the electorate under the age of 30, many voters have only supported Erdogan.


But the growing fear in Erdogan’s camp, is his voters failing to vote. “The elections results we will see on June 24, may directly be determined by voter turnout,” wrote columnist Mehmet Acer in the pro-Erdogan Yeni Safak newspaper. Ominously Acer went on to warn of the danger of chaos if Erdogan fails to win.

Lawyers, Human Rights Groups React to Trump's Immigration Executive Order



For six weeks, South Texas residents watched in disbelief as a “zero tolerance” immigration policy ripped apart migrant families in their communities. Following U.S. President Donald Trump’s executive order to reverse course and replace family separation with a policy of family unit detention, some residents breathed a sigh of relief. Others, however, remained less convinced that the worst is over. VOA’s Ramon Taylor reports.


Lawmakers, Human Rights Groups React to Trump's Executive Order




For six weeks, South Texas residents watched in disbelief as a “zero tolerance” immigration policy ripped apart migrant families in their communities. Following U.S. President Donald Trump’s executive order to reverse course and replace family separation with a policy of family unit detention, some residents breathed a sigh of relief.


Weary from images of children taken from their parents near their homes, South Texans took solace at the prospect of one dark chapter coming to an end.


“Everybody comes over here with the American Dream, but as long as they’re kept together, I guess it’s better than being separated,” Rio Grande Valley resident Patricia Baez told VOA.


Though President Donald Trump’s executive order to end migrant family separation was greeted as a narrow humanitarian victory among some longtime residents, moral and legal concerns over the administration’s alternative plan — detaining entire family units — remain.


Legal advocacy organizations like the Texas Civil Rights Project, which has extensively interviewed asylum-seeking parents and other migrants separated from their children in criminal court, say their work will continue.


“I imagine the day we go to court and we ask ‘how many of you had children taken from you?’ and no one stands up, then we will see that families are no longer being separated,” said Efren Olivares, Racial and Economic Justice DIrector for the Texas Civil Rights Project. “If we don’t document it, then there’s no way to capture that these families were separated. They go into the black hole of bureaucracy of the U.S. immigration and ORR (Office of Refugee Resettlement) system, and there’s no telling if they’ll be reunited.”


On a rainy evening in McAllen, Texas, hundreds of interfaith residents gathered to pray for the more than 2,000 children forcibly separated from their parents since May, who have yet to reunite.


“We won’t stay silent. We will be a voice for those who need to be heard,” Sister Norma Pimentel, executive director for Catholic Charities in Rio Grande Valley told a crowd Wednesday.


“It’s good, but it’s late. There are many families that have already been sent back to El Salvador and other places, while the children remained here, not knowing where they were brought,” Carmen Silva, a resident of McAllen told VOA.


Others vowed to hold the president accountable, and send a message of solidarity among South Texas’ diverse community.


“Sometimes this administration will say one thing and do another, so until what he says is realized, it’s important to come here and make sure that we’re out here, showing our voice,” McAllen resident Maraj Kidwai said.


May Wins Passage of Brexit Withdrawal Bill



The British government saw its flagship Brexit legislation pass through Parliament on Wednesday, but remains locked in a tussle with lawmakers over the direction of the country’s departure from the European Union.


The EU Withdrawal Bill was approved after Prime Minister Theresa May’s government narrowly won a key vote. The House of Commons rejected by 319-303 a proposal to require Parliament’s approval before the government agrees to a final divorce deal with the EU, or before walking away from the bloc without an agreement.


Later in the day, the withdrawal bill, intended to replace thousands of EU rules and regulations with U.K. statute on the day Britain leaves the bloc, also passed in the unelected House of Lords, its last parliamentary hurdle. It will become law once it receives royal assent, a formality.


Lawmakers favor close ties to EU


A majority of lawmakers favor retaining close ties with the bloc, so if the amendment requiring parliamentary approval had been adopted, it would have reduced the chances of a “no deal” Brexit. That’s a scenario feared by U.K. businesses but favored by some euroskeptic members of May’s Conservative minority government, who want a clean break from the EU.


May faced rebellion last week from pro-EU Conservative legislators, but avoided defeat by promising that Parliament would get a “meaningful vote” on the U.K.-EU divorce agreement before Brexit occurs in March.


Pro-EU lawmakers later accused the government of going back on its word by offering only a symbolic “take it or leave it” vote on the final deal and not the ability to take control of the negotiations.


Labour Party Brexit spokesman Keir Starmer accused May of telling Parliament: “Tough luck. If you don’t like my proposed deal, you can have something much worse.”


The rebels sought to amend the flagship bill so they could send the government back to the negotiating table if they don’t like the deal, or if talks with the EU break down.


The government claimed that would undermine its negotiating hand with the EU.


“You cannot enter a negotiation without the right to walk away,” Brexit Secretary David Davis told lawmakers. “If you do, it rapidly ceases to be a negotiation.”


But Davis also told lawmakers it would be for the Commons speaker to decide whether lawmakers could amend any motion on a Brexit deal that was put to the House of Commons.


Concession enough


The concession was enough to get Conservative lawmaker Dominic Grieve, a leader of the pro-EU rebel faction, to back down and say he would support the government.


Grieve said the government had acknowledged “the sovereignty of this place (Parliament) over the executive.”


While the withdrawal bill cleared a major hurdle, the government faces more tumult in Parliament in the months to come over other pieces of Brexit legislation.


It has been two years since Britain voted by 52-48 percent to exit the 28-nation EU after four decades of membership, and there are eight months until the U.K. is due to leave the bloc on March 29, 2019.


But Britain, and its government, remains divided over Brexit, and EU leaders are frustrated with what they see as a lack of firm proposals from the U.K about future relations.


May’s government is divided between Brexit-backing ministers such as Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson who support a clean break with the EU, and those such as Treasury chief Philip Hammond who want to keep closely aligned to the bloc, Britain’s biggest trading partner.


EU: No deal is worst scenario


The European Parliament’s leader on Brexit, Guy Verhofstadt, said Wednesday that he remains hopeful a U.K.-EU withdrawal agreement could be finalized by the fall so national parliaments have time to approve it before March.


“The worst scenario for both parties is no deal,” he told a committee of British lawmakers. “The disruption that would create to the economy, not only on the continent but certainly in Britain, would be huge and that we have to avoid.”

Google Assistant’s ‘Continued Conversation’ feature is now live

Google I/O was awash with Assistant news, but Duplex mystery aside, Continued Conversation was easily one of the most compelling announcements of the bunch. The feature is an attempt to bring more naturalized conversation to the AI — a kind of holy grail with these sorts of smart assistants.

Continued Conversation is rolling out to Assistant today for users in the U.S. with a Home, Home Mini and Home Max. The optional setting is designed to offer a more natural dialogue, so users don’t have to “Hey Google” Assistant every time they have a request. Google offers the following example in a blog post that just went up,

So next time you wake up and the skies are grey, just ask “Hey Google, what’s the weather today?”… “And what about tomorrow?”… “Can you add a rain jacket to my shopping list”… “And remind me to bring an umbrella tomorrow morning”…“Thank you!”

You’ll need to access the Assistant settings on an associated device in order to activate the feature. And that initial “Ok Google” or “Hey Google” will still have to be spoken to trigger the Assistant. From there, it will stay listening for up to eight seconds without detecting any speech. It’s not exactly a dialogue, so much as a way of easing the awkward interaction of having to repeat the same command over and over again. 

Given all of the recent privacy concerns that have arisen as smart speakers and the like have exploded in popularity, it’s easy to see why Google’s gone and taken all of these safeguards to assure users that the devices aren’t listening for anything beyond a wake word.

An extra eight seconds isn’t much, but those who are already skeptical about product privacy might want to keep it off, for good measure.